Family Class Sponsorship
A Canadian citizen/permanent resident may sponsor his/her spouse, common-law partner or conjugal partner, parent/grandparent, and dependent child. To qualify, both the sponsor and the sponsored person must meet certain criteria.
Below are the individuals eligible for sponsorship under Family Class:
- Common-law partner
- Conjugal partner
- Dependent Child
The sponsor must be of legal age, no unpaid undertakings, debts, court order debts, criminal records, and bankruptcy records.
The sponsor may be ineligible if:
- The sponsor is imprisoned
- The sponsor is subject to a removal order
- The sponsor has bankruptcy records
- The sponsor is receiving government social assistance (except for disability)
- The sponsor failed to pay child support
- The sponsor failed to pay back immigration loans
- The sponsor have supported a prior spouse or partner for more than 3 years
Get in touch with our Angeles & de Jesus Law LLP or AJ LAW LLP team at 160 Eglinton Avenue East, Suite 406, Toronto, ON or via phone at +1 (416) 409-5991 or email us at firstname.lastname@example.org for your FREE INITIAL CONSULTATION.
FAMILY SPONSORSHIP RELATED BLOGS
AJ Law LLP can help you sponsor a relative to come to Canada under the Lonely Canadian Program or Other Relative Program. Click here to learn more!
Let AJ Law help you reunite with and sponsor your parents and grandparents to be Permanent Residents in Canada. Call us at (+1) 416 409-5991.