Work Permits in Canada
You can come to Canada provided you have a valid work permit. Canada provides different types of work permits to foreign nationals who are willing to come and work.
Below are the 2 main types of work permit:
- Open Work Permit- it allows a foreign national to work for any employer.
- Employer Specific Work Permit- it allows a foreign national to work only for a specific employer.
Labour Market Impact Assessment LMIA
An LMIA is a document that an employer in Canada may need to obtain in order to hire a foreign national. This is to confirm that there is no Canadian or Permanent Resident available to do the specific job.
Open Work Permit (LMIA exempt)
- Post-Graduation Work Permits
- Post-Secondary co-op and Secondary co-op work permits
- Bridging Open Work Permit
- Spouse or common-law partner Class
- Spouses or common-law partners of foreign students
- Spouses or common-law partners of skilled workers or Temporary Foreign Workers
- Refugee claimants and those under an unenforceable removal order
Employer Specific Work Permit
- High wage work permit
- Low wage work permit
- Agriculture work permit
- Academic work permit
- Global Talent Stream
Seek our Filipino Immigration lawyers’ help to process your Work Permit!
Get in touch with our Angeles & de Jesus Law LLP or AJ LAW LLP team at 160 Eglinton Avenue East, Suite 406, Toronto, ON or via phone at +1 (416) 409-5991 or email us at [email protected] for your FREE INITIAL CONSULTATION. You can also visit our website https://www.ajlawpartners.ca/ for more information about the services we offer.