Filipino Divorce Lawyer: Getting a Divorce in Canada
There are many reasons why married couples get a divorce. One reason is due to miscommunication, another is due to violence while others just grow apart. Whatever the reasons are, everyone has the right to file for divorce in Canada.
Divorce in Canada is governed by the Divorce Act. It is not required for you to get a Lawyer when you are applying for a divorce. However, depending on the complexity of your family issues, you may need a Filipino family lawyer to assist you.
Below are some of the criteria to be able to file for divorce in Canada:
- Your marriage has broken down.
- You and your spouse were legally married under the laws of Canada or married in another country and that marriage is recognized in Canada.
- You or your spouse have lived in Canada for a full year before making the application.
- Your spouse has been physically or mentally abusive.
- Your spouse has committed adultery.
- You have been living apart for at least one year.
- File for a divorce Application.
- Determine the grounds for the divorce.
- Determine if your divorce is contested or uncontested. If there is a child or property involved, include an arrangement with respect to the access, custody, support, division of property etc.
- File the divorce Application in the province/territory where you reside.
- Once the divorce Application has been issued by the court, you must serve the opposing party. The Respondent has either 30 days or 60 days to respond to the Application depending on their country of residence.
- Obtain the Divorce Order.
- Obtain the Certificate of Divorce.
Grounds for Divorce:
Process of Divorce in Canada:
You can talk to our Filipino Family Lawyer in Toronto to guide you to understand more about the process of divorce in Canada. Contact AJ Law LLP’s Divorce Lawyer by calling us at +1 (416) 409-5991 or via email at email@example.com. You can also visit our website at www.ajlawpartners.ca for more information about our Law Firm.
Our location is 160 Eglinton Avenue East, Suite 406, Toronto, ON M4P 3B5, CANADA.
DIVORCE RELATED BLOGS
Do you want to remarry in the Philippines? Learn how can divorce in Canada be recognized in the Philippines:
Your Filipino Lawyer from AJ Law LLP can help you.
Divorce/Separation Agreement. A separation agreement is a formal document that is concluded on the grounds of the decisions reached between you & your partner.
Separation and Divorce During the Time of Corona: How a Filipino Divorce Lawyer Can Help You!