Student Visa

Immigration Lawyer

Student Visa

Immigration Lawyer

Student Visa in Canada

Student Visa or Study permit is a document the IRCC issue that allows foreign nationals to study at a designated learning institution (DLI) in Canada. Most foreign nationals need a study permit to study in Canada.

Below are some of the requirements to be able to study in Canada:

  • You must have a Letter of Acceptance.
  • You must have no criminal record.
  • You must have sufficient funds to support your school fees and living expenses.
  • You must be in good health.
  • You must satisfy the immigration officer that you will leave Canada at the end of your authorized stay.

Are you able to travel while on study permit or student visa?

You may travel while on Study permit if you have a valid Temporary Resident Visa (TRV). A student visa or study permit only allows a foreign national to study in Canada but not to travel.

Are you allowed to work in Canada while studying?

You may be eligible to work in Canada for up to 20 hours per week as long as you are enrolled as a full-time student and have a valid student visa. A valid Social Insurance Number is required to work in Canada.

Do you need a new study permit if you switch programs and/or schools?

You may need to inform the IRCC if you change schools and/or programs.

With our trusted and experienced team of Filipino Immigration lawyers at AJ Law LLP, we can help you study in Canada.

Get in touch with our Angeles & de Jesus Law LLP or AJ LAW LLP team at 160 Eglinton Avenue East, Suite 406, Toronto, ON or via phone at +1 (416) 409-5991 or email us at info@ajlawpartners.ca for your FREE INITIAL CONSULTATION. You can also visit our website https://www.ajlawpartners.ca/ for more information about the services we offer.